“Indeed it is evident that Christianity must always exert a modifying influence on men’s passions, and protect them from the more violent forms of fanatical fever. But the Mohammedan religion increases, instead of lessening, the fury of intolerance. It was originally propagated by the sword…Civilization is confronted with militant Mohammedanism.” Winston Churchill, The Story of the Malakand Field Force (1898)
“The persecution of Christians by Muslims has become a taboo subject in Western circles. Over thirteen centuries of religious discrimination and persecutions, causing the suffering oppression, murder and enslavement of countless millions has been buried under a thick whitewash of myths of ‘Islamic tolerance.’” Peter Hammond, Slavery, Terrorism and Islam…210
“In the first five centuries of Islam, Muslim forces killed Christians, kidnapped their children to raise them as Muslims, or compelled people at the point of the sword to convert to Islam. Up to 50% of all the Christians in the world were wiped out during the first three centuries of Islam.” Ibid. 197
“Islam is a religion based upon peace, goodwill and the ethical treatment of all people on this planet.” Dennis Kucinich in Lisa Graas, “Friend of CAIR, Dennis Kucinich Pontificates: ‘Islam is Peace.”” NewsReal Blog, March 14, 2011.
1. 627 A.D. All men in the Jewish tribe Banu Qurayza were beheaded and their women and children enslaved. (See Wikipedia “Banu Quraya”)
2. 634 A.D. Muslim invasion of Syria resulted in thousands of Christians massacred.
3. 640, 641 A.D. The Muslim conquest of Egypt saw the towns of Behnesa, Fayum, Nikiu and Aboit were all put to the sword.
4. 643 A.D. When Tripoli was captured all Jews and Christians were forced to hand over all their women and children as slaves.
5. 698 A.D. Carthage was captured by Muslim forces, burned to the ground and most of its inhabitants slaughtered.
6. 712 A.D. Muslim armies invaded India, smashed statutes, demolished temples, plundered the palaces, slaughtered vast numbers of Indian men and enslaved their women and children. Will Durant in The Story of Civilization referred to this invasion as “probably the bloodiest story in history.” At Somnath, e.g., 50,000 Hindus were slaughtered at the command of Mahmud.
7. 923 A.D. Caliph Abd-Er-Rahman III destroyed Cordova, Zarajoza, and Merida were destroyed with all adult males executed and all women and children enslaved.
8. A.D. the Muslims burned to the ground the Buddhist’s famous library and over ran Bihar.
9. 1351 A.D. Firuz Shah commanded all Hindus to be killed and all Hindu temples to be destroyed.
10. 1453 A.D. Mehmet II conquered Constantinople with tens of thousands of civilians slaughtered in the streets. Christianity’s greatest church the Hagia Sophia was overrun with the Turks slaughtering the entire congregation—men, women and children.
11. 1526 A. D. The Turks conquered Budapest enslaving 200,000 Hungarian Christians and took them back to Turkey as slaves.
12. 1568 A.D. following the Battle of Chitod, Moghul emperor Akbar ordered the 30,000 captured Hindus to be executed.
13. 1628 A.D. Shah Jahan (builder of the Taj Mahal) captured Hugh, a Portuguese enclave near Calcutta, had its 10,000 inhabitants “blown up with powder, drowned in water or burned by fire.”
14. 1915 A.D. The Turks exterminated 1.5 million Christian Armenians.
15. 1922 A.D. The Turks destroyed the city of Smyrna with its 300,000 Christian inhabitants…The Turks shot, hacked and burned them to death. U. S. and British ships were in the Smyrna harbor and did nothing to help.
16. 1996 A.D. the Armed Islamic Group kidnapped and beheaded seven Trappist monks in Algeria.
17. 2001 A. D. 3,000 killed in the New York City World Trade Center’s Twin Towers destroyed on September 11 by Saudi Arabia Wahabi terrorists.
18. 2011 A.D. New Year’s Day Massacre in Alexandria, Egypt with 23 Coptic Christians murdered and 79 injured by Muslim terrorists.
19. 2011 A.D. “Christianity may have been nearly eradicated in Tunisia.” (Charlotte Allen, “Before the Deluge” in The Weekly Standard, March 14, 2011, 29.
20. 2011 A.D. “On Friday night [March 11], twelve-year old Tamar Fogel came home to find both her parents, Ruth and Udi Fogel, two brothers Yoav (11) and Elad (four), and her three-month old sister Hadas murdered in their beds. They had had their throats cut and been stabbed through the heart. That’s not shocking: There is no shortage of young Muslim men who would enjoy slitting the throat of a three-month old baby, and then head home dreaming of the town square or soccer tournament to be named in their honor. Back in Gaza, the citizenry celebrated the news by cheering and passing out sweets….The western media simply averted their eyes from their Palestinian house pets’ unfortunate effusions.” Mark Steyn, National Review Online, March 14, 2011.
21. 2011 A.D. “The spokesman of the Muslim Brothers, the 84-year old Sheikh Qaradawi, is one of the most influential and popular figures in the Muslim world. Originally Egyptian, he has long been in exile in Qatar, where he broadcasts on Al Jazeera. He advises Muslims not to make friends with Jews as this might diminish their desire to wage jihad against them. ‘O Allah, take this oppressive Jewish Zionist band of people,’ he preaches, ‘kill them down to the very last one.’” David Pryce Jones, National Review, March 21, 2001, 24.
22. 2011 A.D. “In the village of Sole, just outside of Cairo, local Muslims decided they now had the freedom to burn down the town’s Coptic Church (the Church of the Two Martyrs). After torching the sacred place, the Muslims promised to build a mosque on that very spot. When Christians peacefully protested the church burning, 13 were killed and 150 wounded by Muslims who attacked with firearms, stones and Molotov cocktails.” Paul Cooper, NewReal Blog, March 20, 2011.
23. 2011 A.D. “Muslims in Ethiopia have torched 69 Christian churches, a Bible school, and an orphanage beginning March 2, 2011…with roughly 10,000 displaced Christians while the media, including the White House and the U.S. State Department, has said nothing.” Lisa Graas, NewsReal Blog, March 25, 2011.
24. “The problem is so serious that in February 2012, Newsweek magazine’s cover bore the title, ‘The War on Christians.’ The article explains that in recent years, ‘ the violent oppression of Christian minorities has become the norm in Muslim-majority nations stretching from West Africa and the Middle East to South Asia and Oceania.’” Erwin W. Lutzer, The Cross in the Shadow of the Crescent,139
25. “In July 2012, a Muslim convert to Christianity was beheaded in Tunisia, and the grisly murder was shown on Egyptian TV.” Ibid.
26. “More Christians have been martyred in the last 100 years than in the previous 1900 years of church history…One estimate is that ‘the current rate  is 159,000 martyrs per year.’” Ibid., 168. See Justin D. Long, More Martyrs Now Than Then? Available at http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/2904.htm.
27. “According to Voice of the Martyrs, an organization that reports on the persecution of Christians worldwide, notices like this [leave or be killed] have been appearing on the doors of Christian homes and churches in Muslim countries…In these places [Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, Somalia] Christians are systematically jailed and killed. ‘The scale of persecution of Christians by Muslims has caused the death of thousands, including pastors, and the destruction of hundreds, even thousands, of churches.” Lutzer, 163.
28. “The Muslim Brotherhood has dozens of front organizations through which they operate. We’ve already referred to one of the best known, which is CAIR. Other prominent groups are the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) and the Muslim Student Association (MSA).” Lutzer, 181, 182
29. “The motto of the Muslim Brotherhood is explicit as well: ‘Allah is our objective, the Prophet is our leader, the Quran is our law, jihad is our way, and dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.’” Ibid., 179
30. “In their investigation of the Muslim Brotherhood archives, seized in 2004, the FBI was able to determine that ‘the groups’ sole objectives are to implement Islamic law in America in furtherance of reestablishing the global caliphate.’ Such goals, of course, would require the replacement of the US Constitution with Sharia.” Lutzer, 183. Also, see Shariah: The Threat to America—An Exercise in Competitive Analysis Report of Team BII (Washington, D.C.: The Center for Security Policy, 2010).
31. “Just hours after the two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing were identified as Muslims, Representative Peter T. King of New York, the Republican chairman of the House Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, called for an ‘increased surveillance’ of Islamic communities in the United States.” Suhaib Webb, The New York Times, April 24, 2013
32. “There were likely twice as many martyrs in the twentieth century than in the previous nineteen centuries of Christian history combined. The great majority of these twentieth century martyrs gave their lives for Christ at the hands of communism.” George Weigel, “All War, All The Time,” in First Things, April 2011, 29, 30.
Editor’s Note: It appears that Islamists have now replaced the Communist thugs as the world’s executioners.
LaTourette, Kenneth, A History of Christianity. Harper,1953.
Davis, Robert, Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean. Palgrave MacMillan, 2004.
Morey, Robert, The Islamic Invasion. Christian Scholars Press, 1992.
Thomas, Hugh, The Slave Trade. Simon and Schuster, 1997.
Trifkovic, Serge, The Sword of the Prophet. Regina Orthodox Press, 2002.
Muir, William, The Life of Mohammad. T & T Clark, 1923.
Hammond, Peter, Slavery, Terrorism and Islam. Xulon Elite, 2010.
Lutzer, Erwin W., The Cross in the Shadow of the Crescent, Harvest House, 2013.
Prepared by David A. Noebel