“The U. S. is responsible for about 14% of CO2 emissions and these have been declining due to increased use of carbon-light natural gas. The rest of the world is responsible for 86% of the emissions and the rest of the world is not adopting a Green New Deal.” Norman Rogers
“Trying to operate the electric grid of the United States on wind and solar power is simply ignorant.” Ibid
“Although we live in a golden age of prosperity and opportunity, we also live in an age of ignorance.” Ibid
“Socialistic ideas were already thoroughly discredited by 1950. Think of George Orwell’s books 1984and Animal Farm, and the seminal critique of socialism The Road to Serfdomby F. A. Hayek.” Ibid
Editor’s Note: Ludwig von Mises’ Socialism: An Economic andSociological Analysispublished in 1922 already laid bare the essence of socialism and its aftermath. Tom Bethell’s The Noblest Triumph likewise spells out the socialist parameters. Karl Marx and Fredrick Engels, of course, spoke right to its core: The Abolition of Private Property.
By Norman Rogers, The New American, February 14, 2019
Apparently, the inmates have taken over the asylum, led by the former barmaid Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, now a member of Congress. The Green New Deal is a bizarre plan to create a cultural revolution in the United States. The role of Mao’s little red book is replaced by the musings of the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). After the green revolution, happiness will reign throughout the land.
Ms. Ocasio can’t even make a credible threat to our economic well-being. According to the Green New Deal, if we don’t prevent global warming, we will lose $500 billion of annual economic output by 2100. The current GDP of the U.S. is $20 trillion. Assuming modest real growth of one percent per year, GDP will be $44 trillion (in current dollars) by 2100. Losing $500 billion or 1.1 percent of 2100 economic output is clearly minor and would be made up by 2101. The Green New Deal advocates instantly destroy their own argument with their own numbers. Continue reading